The sworn translation of the extract is one of the documents necessary to apply for visas and residence permits in many countries, such as the F-1 Student Visa, a special permit to be an international student in the United States. But it is not only students who must present this officially translated bank information and it does not only have to be presented in the United States. Other European, American or Asian countries may ask you to show evidence of financial solvency by presenting a sworn translation of your bank account with the movements of the last months.
Other European, American or Asian countries may ask you to show evidence of financial solvency by presenting a sworn translation of your bank account with the movements of the last months.
What is the sworn translation of the bank statement?
The purpose of your providing a sworn translation of your bank statement is to show that you have sufficient funds in your checking account to support yourself during your stay in the US, the UK, Dubai, China, in Japan… It is a way of showing that you do not travel to those countries to work but to expand your studies at a public or private university, to go sightseeing, to visit family, etc. By submitting the sworn translation of the extract and the sworn translation of other personal or academic documents, you are tacitly affirming that:
- You have financial resources to cover the expenses involved in studying a university academic program in a country other than yours, or that you can be on tourism for as long as you say you are going to be…
- Your goal is not to stay and live forever in that country or, what is the same: your stay there will last a limited period (as long as the academic program, the master’s degree, your tourism or business trip, etc.).
- You have a residence established in another country to which you will return at the end of the period of your visit.
What should it include?
- To be valid, this sworn translation of bank movements should normally include:
- Personal identification data of the bank account holder, which will appear in the original document.
- Numerical data of payments, collections, balance, etc., that will appear in the original document.
- Signature and stamp of our sworn translator accredited by the MAEC to give legal validity to your certified official translation.
Sworn translation of the bank statement to request your visa or temporary residence permit
A large part of the clients who ask us for a sworn translation of the extract are students who want to extend their university studies in another country through the numerous exchange programs, and also many people or families who need to apply for a temporary residence permit in another country different from yours.
To make these visa applications, administrations usually require, also, other documents, such as:
- Sworn translation of the bank statement to prove that you have sufficient financial funds in your checking account.
- Sworn translation of the Passport, DNI, or NIE. Remember that in some countries like the United States, the sworn translation of your passport will also serve as an official identity document.
- Other sworn translations, such as sworn translation of academic record, sworn translation of academic degree, sworn translation of recommendation letter, and also sworn translation of your criminal record certificate.
How much does a sworn translation of the bank statement cost?
The price of a sworn translation of a bank statement depends on the number of notes that make up your bank statement, as well as the language in which the sworn translation needs to be carried out, the urgency with which you need it, etc.
Typically, a bank statement does not contain much text so your sworn translation will be very cheap.